If you are focused on a career in business and you want to study a business-related degree at university, this could be the course for you. You take the National Diploma in Business (equivalent to 2 A Levels) and choose an A Level to study alongside it from Law, Sociology, Psychology, Politics. The National Extended Diploma in Business is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
Students would need five GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including English, and Maths at grade 4 or above.
The Diploma includes the following mandatory units:
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Personal and Business Finance
- Managing an Event
- International Business
- Principles of Management
Optional units include:
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Team Building in Business
The overall Diploma course consists of eight units, three of which are externally assessed.
For the Extended Diploma you will study 13 units in total, four of which are externally assessed. You will complete all the Diploma units plus:
- Investigating Customer Service
- Creative Promotion
- Pitching for a New Business
- Market Research.
These qualifications are assessed by a mixture of coursework and examinations.
There is a massive range of university degree courses that this pathway could lead you into, including Business Management.
- BA (Hons) Business & Finance from Birmingham City University
- Graduate Training Programme (GTP) in Education from the University of Birmingham
- Examiner for AQA & Edexcel for over 13 years
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- PGCE from Newman University
- Engages and pushes each student to reach their full potential