If you are focused on a career in business and you want to study a business-related degree at university, studying a Business Diploma & Extended Diploma could be the course for you. The Diploma (plus A Level) is equivalent to two A Levels, while the Extended Diploma (plus two A Levels) is equivalent to three A Levels.
BUSINESS DIPLOMA & EXTENDED DIPLOMA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Students would need five GCSEs at grade C (grade 5) or above, including English and Maths.
WHAT DOES THE BUSINESS DIPLOMA & EXTENDED DIPLOMA COURSE INVOLVE?
Take a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business and choose an A Level to study alongside it from:
The Diploma includes the following mandatory units:
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Business Accounting
- Creative Product Promotion
- Recruitment and Selection
- Development Planning for a Career in Business
- Developing Teams in Business
- Aspects of Contract and Business Law
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Business Workplace
- Starting a Small Business
For the Extended Diploma, you will start nine units in total: three additional units per year on top of the six taken for the two A Level equivalent diploma. You will focus on a mixture of topics, including:
- Market Research in Business
- Understanding Business Ethics
- The Economic Environment
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Your diploma work will be assessed by a range of methods including assignments. Your A Level will be assessed by examination.
WHERE CAN I GO NEXT?
There is a massive range of university degree courses that this pathway could lead you into, including Business Management.
- LLB Law degree and ran his own successful employment law firm
- Examiner for AQA and OCR
- Appeared on GMTV, Tonight with Trevor McDonald and the BBC Money Programme