The Young Professionals Academy is an exciting new approach, ideal for school leavers who have a clear idea about their future career.
- Study in a way that suits you
- Get equipped for the world of work
- Focus on the career you know you want
The Young Professionals Academy is focused on equipping you for the world of work. Students on the programme would be offered a one-to-one placement interview with a Work Experience Co-ordinator, with the opportunity to access career-relevant internships at leading employers. Interview preparation would be given to students competing for the most sought-after internships. The Sixth Form will also provide one-to-one assistance with any university applications you write.
As a Young Professionals Academy student, you will be in a sixth form tutor group and based at Central Saint Michael’s Sixth Form College.
If you have particularly strong GCSE results, your Young Professionals Academy programme could include two A Level options – come and talk to us about these options.
We believe that the Young Professionals Programme will make a real difference to future student employability because it is career-focused,. Undoubtedly, it is also an alternative route to university degree courses which are focused on preparing students for business, professional and industrial careers.
It’s important that the A Level you study supports or complements the Diploma that you choose, so we offer eight structured Diploma ‘pathways’ that make sure the two elements match each other but still give you a broad choice of subjects. Pick one of the Diploma ‘pathways’ and then select one subject from the accompanying list of A Levels. NB: You must have the entry requirements of that subject.
- AAT Certificate/Diploma in Accounting
- Certificate in Applied Criminology
- Certificate in Applied Law
- Certificate in Applied Psychology
- Certificate in Applied Criminology/Applied Law/Applied Psychology (Law & The Criminal Mind)
- Diploma in Applied Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Business
- Diploma in Business with Law
- Diploma in Applied Science
- Diploma in Applied Science (Forensic and Medical)